A FreE PROGRAM FOR GRIEVING CHILDREN & ADOLESCENTS
The Touchstone program is operated by Children’s Home Society of Idaho’s Warm Springs Counseling Center. Touchstone was established to support the special needs of grieving and adolescents, ages 5- 18. The meeting occur once or twice a month in Boise and Meridian.
No costs, no waiting list and you don’t need to be a client of WSCC.
- Sessions facilitated by clinicians and professionals trained in the grief process
- A supportive, peer environment
- Children’s activities during sessions such as group discussion, crafts, and games designed to explore grief
- Parental/Guardian group sessions focusing on coping skills and supporting children through the grieving process
TOUCHSTONE EMPOWERS CHILDREN TO:
- Identify their feelings related to grief
- Recognize underlying emotions that trigger problem behavior
- Develop coping skills by understanding death and grief
- Share feelings and improve family communication
- Interact with peers who have also experienced a death in the family