- This event has passed.
Attachment Focused Family Therapy Training
July 12, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$55.00
Attachment Focused Family Therapy
- The participants will learn the foundations for attachment and inter-subjectivity that are the basis for family therapy that fosters attachment growth and repair.
- The participants will learn an overview of the theory to family treatment.
- They will learn the primary treatment stance involving: Playfulness, Love, Acceptance, Curiosity, and Empathy. (PLACE)
- They will learn the nature of the therapeutic dialogue and how that fits into family treatment.
The stages of treatment will be outlined:
- First the therapist works with the parents alone. This is to build the safety that is needed for the children to securely attach to the family.
- Second the participants will learn how to engage with the children to manage shame, and promote safety.
- Third the participants will learn how to explore relationship breaks and repair.
- Fourth the participants will learn how to address childhood trauma and how to treat it within the family therapy modality.
Presented By: Joe Lipetzky, Psy.D.
Dr. Lipetzky has been working with attachment issues for over 24 years. He has had training in both childhood and adult attachment issues. He has worked with childhood trauma and attachment and adult trauma and attachment. He has worked with family reunification, high conflict families, and adoption issues.
TO REGISTER PLEASE CONTACT KENZIE LONG AT: (208) 343-7813 EXT. 1232