- This event has passed.
August 16, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$55.00
3 Credited Hours Earned
Trauma Therapy Training
Participants will learn:
- The biology behind a trauma response
- Three types of stress
- Your physical, emotional, and cognitive response at different levels of stress
- The trauma response cycle
- The problem with long term stress
- The ingredients of healing for trauma recovery
- Interventions for trauma informed care
- Participants will practice these skills as we learn them
- Self regulation skills
- Creating an environment of safety
- Help co-regulate the client with their trauma
- Teach the client to self regulate when triggered
- Apps you can use to help your clients help themselves
Presenter: Joe Lipetzky, Psy.D.
Dr. Lipetzky has been working with clients for over 24 years. He has worked with trauma victims of all ages, children and adults, including families members.